Sunday, June 7, 2015

Orphan Black drawing & more



I've been getting more obsessed with Orphan Black with each passing week so I thought it was about time I channeled that into a flapper doodle drawing, if only because I really wanted to draw Helena's hair. The drawing is available in my shop, here.

If you're a fan of the show I highly recommend listening to the Tatiana is Everyone podcast. I just discovered it about 4 weeks ago and I am so unbelievably hooked. I look forward to it *almost* as much as I look forward to Orphan Black. It's really comprehensive and well researched, and it's also super fun and hilarious. I've been listening to a lot of the old podcasts as well and I just can't get enough!

I also made some new brooches. The drawings aren't new but sometimes I look at an older drawing and think "ooh, that would make a neat brooch!" Especially the one of Barbara Stanwyck from Double Indemnity. The movie is being re-released in theaters in July so I felt like it was necessary that I made some kind of accessory to wear to the screening!







This Time Travel Agent brooch is a 30 Rock tie-in, but I think it works really well as a funny little pin even if you aren't a fan of the show. If you ARE a fan, then you're probably familiar with Frank's rotating trucker hat sayings, which is where this came from.

All of the new brooches are available here.



Finally I decided to make some postcard sets using the postcard designs that I created for my shop promotions this year. I'm eventually going to add some more destinations but for now I have Disney World postcard packs and Seattle postcard packs available here.